If you would like to organise a local fundraising event on behalf of Unique then we hope that the information we provide below will help you
If you want to take part in a national organised event, and raise money for Unique such as:
The London Marathon
The Great North Run
The Great South Run
then please contact our co-ordinator Craig Mitchell, email Craig@rarechromo.org or telephone +44 (0)1883 330766
Read about some of the past and future fundraising events and achievements put on for the benefit of Unique. Please click on the links on the right to find out more details. A huge thank you to all our fundraisers.
|Check out these Unique fundraising events...|
How your money helps
We rely on your gifts to raise over £50,000 each year to help us support anyone affected by a rare chromosome disorder.
- £5 pays for a copy of The Little Yellow book- a guide to RCDs for families and non-genetics professionals - translates technical terminology and complicated scientific concepts into easily understandable language
- £10 pays for a family to receive our newsletter each year - we publish a highly acclaimed newsletter three times a year, in which families and professionals can share their knowledge and experiences and which contains a wealth of information such as health-related, behavioural and disability issues and how to cope with them, relevant disability and health legislation, financial and benefits information and special needs education, as well as advances in genetic knowledge and testing and reproductive options
- £15 pays for an information pack to a new families - our 24hr/per day helpline is able to give families information on their specific disorder
- £1,000 helps develop a booklet into a specific rare chromosome disorder - we have already produced over 50 family-friendly, medically verified leaflets and brochures
- £2,500 pays for a study day into a specific rare chromosome disorder - we held a very successful study day in 2004 with those families who have children with Tetrasomy X and Pentasomy X and plan to do more
- £10,000 pays for one issue of the newsletter - to produce each newsletter and post to all our families around the world
What can I do today?
Ask your Company
There is that old saying 'if you don't ask you don't get!' Well, we would very much appreciate it if you would consider writing to your company, or the company your partner or parents work for and ask if Unique could benefit from a charitable donation. After all we have nothing to lose and hopefully something to gain. To help, we have created a company letter (MS Word) which you can tailor to your individual circumstances
Give a talk
Help us raise awareness of what Unique is all about and at the same time help raise funds by asking for donations. Click here for more information on raising awareness
Do your own thing
Support for people wanting to organise their own fundraising event. If you would like to raise some money for Unique, but want to do something other than run a marathon or take a parachute jump, why not do your own thing?
Our fundraising pack will help you with ideas on fundraising events, sponsored events, facts about Unique to help raise awareness, how to make the most of Gift Aid, how to promote your event through Justgiving.com, plus other ways to help such as Pyramid boxes and regular giving. If you are unable to download the pack, then please contact Craig Mitchell (Unique COO) and we will send you a copy
Support for your event
We have Unique banners, bunting, badges and balloons which can help give your event a really professional look. If you would like to book a banner or bunting, or order some balloons and badges, then please e-mail Marion Mitchell (email@example.com) or telephone her on +44(0)1293 525504 with your details
Rightclick on the items above and select "Save target as..." to download templates for your own event, publicity documents etc.